Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chums


I often wonder what they would do without each other. What would I do if they didn't have each other? When I found out that I was pregnant the second time I felt like I was "cheating" Reece out of something and I cried thinking that he wouldn't get his chance at being the only child for a while.

Man, I was so wrong. Violet came along and became an instant lifelong friend, a built in playmate. They love each other so much and want to do everything together. I may not understand why they have to fill up random bags/boxes/bins with toys and carry them around, or why they have to carry a random toy upstairs when it's time for a nap, but they understand why. It's like they speak their own language and know what the other is planning without even having to talk. I look at them and think, what will their relationship be when they are teenagers? Will Reece protect her? Will she cry on his shoulder when a boy breaks her heart? I'd like to think so, but for now I will continue to watch and love the silly toddler duo they are.

2 comments:

Aunt Jen said...

Love that post, they are so cute together!

Unknown said...

They are the cutest chums I have ever seen!