Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Events

Our Halloween weekend was jam packed, well actually Halloween events started on Thursday. Reece's preschool had a Halloween parade and party. He wanted to be Buzz Lightyear so I had a brilliant idea (what I thought was brilliant) he could wear his Buzz pajamas. They look just like the costume the stores sell but they will be really comfortable and I know how much he likes wearing them at home so he why not use them for Halloween? So Thursday comes and I explain that he can wear his Buzz costume to school and the other kids will be dressed up too. He was a little confused, why did I keep calling his PJ's a costume? So with a little confusion and not much excitement, he wore his Buzz PJ's and had a good time. Late Thursday night I got an email from Toys R Us that all costumes were 50% off...so we woke up bright and early on Saturday and Reece and I went and bought him the real Buzz costume. Then the excitement began, he could hardly wait to get into that costume! He has worn the gloves every moment since (except when I put them in wash). He has even been sweet by sharing one of the gloves with Violet while they play. Tonight he wanted to wear his costume to bed...so we let him. He has called us up there twice already because he thinks it's falling off :)

Violet was a butterfly for Halloween. She tried wearing her costume to bed tonight but just called us up there to take it off because she was too hot. She had so much fun trick or treating. She was in no hurry to get to each house instead she was more interested in the people answering the door. At one house she noticed a man was barefoot. She said, "That boy doesn't have any socks on." It was pretty funny. Kids notice the funniest things.

Here are some pictures to enjoy:








1 comments:

Keshet said...

Reece looks so buff in his "real" Buzz costume! Glad you guys had a great weekend!