THE DRESS...those are the only words you have to say for my family to know the exact dress you are talking about. It is THE DRESS that I wore and had my picture taken in when I was a year and a half year old and amazingly my mom has held onto it for 28 years and upwards of about 8 moves! She and Fifi (my grandma) bought it at Marshall Fields and took me to Olan Mills for a photo. That photo adorned the family picture wall in the house I grew up in, I can see it right now as if I lived there yesterday.
When my first niece Rylie was old enough THE DRESS was taken out and she had her picture taken in it. The same went for my other niece Delaney when she could fit in THE DRESS. Since Violet was born my mom would always remind me that Violet would have to get her picture in THE DRESS too. To be honest it wasn't a huge priority on my list of things to do but last month my mom got it out, brought it over and we tried it on her. She's on the tall side so the dress looked almost like a t-shirt! It was eminent that we get her picture taken ASAP! So this past Wednesday we ventured over to the Picture People and continued THE DRESS tradition. Her pictures are the best I have ever seen of her, they brought my mom to tears. I am so happy that my mom has upheld this tradition and I will do my part to make sure it continues with my grandchildren. These pictures will be cherished for many generations to come.
4 comments:
Those are the sweetest pictures of her. She looks like a little doll. Such sweet memories to pass down.
stunning! those are so amazing! i LOVE "the dress"! what a beautiful family tradition!
I was truly moved to tears, what a sweet tradition! I do agree these are amazing...she is my gorgeous niece and I love her so much!! I love my nephew just as much too,just couldnt leave him out!
OMG!! I absolutely love this! How special to be able to show her the photos of you and her in the same dress one day. And her pictures are GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment