Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My favorite room in the house

My mom loves to tell this story of how she would call us from work when we would get home from school. This is how the conversation would go...

Jen: Hello?
Mom: Hi honey, there is chicken and potatoes in the fridge for dinner for you girls. You just need to...
Jen (interrupting): Hold on, let me get Jackie.

I was the "mini cook" when my mom was working late and I loved it! I was the one to make the cake when we would celebrate a birthday or holiday (from a box)! I loved being in the kitchen, organizing the cabinets, placing the appliances on the counter and I had and still have a dish fetish. I think that because I come from an Italian family it's just in my genes. Nothing makes me happier than seeing people around a table full of food laughing and enjoying each other.

Since Paul and I were married, I have dreamed about the perfect kitchen, the heart of a home. God blessed me with a talented husband that could design and install the kitchen of my dreams. Here is a small taste of my dream becoming a reality...

Before & After






2 comments:

a blog full of weldons. said...

WOW WOW WOW! what a difference! I am in love with the 2 different colors of cabinets! and did i spy 2 ovens???? can i come over for dinner tonight?? pretty please ??

The Wards said...

What a dream kitchen, I love it!!
Now the only thing you need is your own cooking show! ( or design show then you and Paul both could be stars, lol)