Sunday, May 24, 2009

Me VS. Birds

When we moved in I noticed a few Red Breasted Robins in the back yard and I thought, "How cute, we have a little bird family that likes our house." I even told Paul I was interested in getting a bird bath because I liked the little guys so much. Well that's changed this past week. I really, really really, DESPISE these "friendly" robins that are pooping everywhere! Our grill, patio, outdoor furniture, driveway and deck have become their toilet. I am not exaggerating when I say I am hosing 20-30 piles of bird poop off our stuff a day.

SO, I decided to look online to see if there is anything I can do about these "pesky friends" here are my choices:

A. Get a cat
B. Buy a plastic owl and set it outside as they will think it's a predator
C. Hang CD's on a tree because the reflection will scare them
D. Use Paul's shot gun to take care of them one by one



I went with option B...an owl who turns his head and hoots when it senses any movement nearby. And I also set a few of Paul's nerdy CD's on the deck (who buys Big Willie Style by Will Smith)?


Check back for reports on my progress..

6 comments:

Aunt Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jen said...

You crack me up with the birds. Good news for you though, Dash will be staying with you soon and can stay as long as you need him!

Keshet said...

Bird poop is the worst! I hope your attempts to evict the robins are successful.

Mimi said...

The CDs are covered in bird poop. Move on to Plan B! Or is it D for Dash?

The Wards said...

You are so funny! Love the owl and I am sure you will be the envy of the neighborhood when your place is Robin poop free!

a blog full of weldons. said...

that's a doosy! hope your owl/big willie style efforts are sucessful!