Moe is Reece's lovie, his little lamb. He's most helpful for bedtime and the occasional upset when we can't get Reece soothed. Moe is like a magician, we just pull him out and all tears subside! The original Moe has been washed several times and has lost his luster (at least to Paul and I). Despite our efforts to entice Reece with a clean new Moe he will not give up the old, stinky, smelly one. I was watching him talk to Moe the other day and I realized, he doesn't see a stinky a lamb that has lost his soft fuzzy coat, he loves him...he sees a friend that has comforted and soothed him through late nights, teething, colds, shots at the doctors office and long car rides. He has also been his buddy while reading books and playing in his crib.
So I ask myself, what kind of lesson are we teaching Reece if we replace original Moe with a new, soft, fuzzy one? That when things get old and dirty we should dispose of them? What parent wants to impress that upon their children? Not me!
Lesson Learned: New isn't always better. My apologies to stinky, old Moe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment