Something happened to us (Paul and I) when we had kids; we learned to sacrifice without caring. It's something that happens when you become a parent...a right of passage if you will. Now when we go to the mall we don't shop like we used to, we find the kids play place and spend our time watching Reece jump, run, climb, and crawl. When we go out to dinner we go to a kid friendly place and one of us almost always ends up eating a lukewarm meal. I think of the days when we would spend hours shopping for jeans that fit just right or the perfect pair of shoes or eating at fancy restaurants.

God changed our hearts when we became parents, we find our joy in something different. I don't care about the perfect shoes and I don't mind eating cold chicken nuggets! I love watching my kids delight in what our world has to offer, nothing warms my heart more. On Sunday afternoon we decided to take part in the jumping, climbing and crawling at an indoor bouncy place called "Airtastic!"


....where does the sacrifice part come in?
1 comments:
I know exactly what you mean! I haven't bought clothes for myself (other than maternity) since Kyra was born. And oh those lukewarm meals.... :)
Glad you all had fun on Sunday. Wish we could've been there.
Post a Comment